Angela and Lucas' downtown Indianapolis Indy 500 wedding day was seriously one for the books - here's why:
- Her veil was inspired by Mary
- Lady of Guadalupe pendants were on every bouquet, corsage, and boutonniere
- Her necklace was her mother's cross, given to her that morning
- They celebrated a Spanish Catholic Mass with coins and cords
- A live Mariachi Band played during Cocktail Hour
- Their Father/Daughter dance was to "Go, Cubs, Go"
- The entrees were homemade Spanish tamales
- The dance floor was the biggest, loudest I've ever joined in on
- Their cake topper was a Mary and Joseph statue
- Reception plate chargers were handmade - stenciled!
- The headtable floral backdrops were made out of Hula-Hoops
- Their wedding party was the most faith-filled ever, and full of FOCUS missionaries
- The Best Man / Maid of Honor speeches were soo right on, I couldn't help but include them in this blog!
My husband, Alan, became quick friends with Angela and Lucas after meeting them at St. John the Evangelist's social gatherings. These two are on fire for the Lord and it was an absolute honor capturing their day, with all the beautiful chaos of a party bus, reverent mass, and peaceful War Memorial moments.
A BIG THANKS TO ALL OUR VENDORS!
- Ceremony: St. John the Evangelist
- Reception: McGowan Hall
- Wedding Planners: Courtney Roach, Carol Guzman
- Florist: Ayers Flowers Wholesale
- Cake: Classic Cakes
- Hair/Makeup: Casey Keeler with the fRiNgE SaLoN
- Rings: Reis Nichols
- DJ: Complete Wedding and Events, Mikaila Kloss
- Bridal Gown: Blushing Bride on 17
- Bridesmaid Dresses: David’s Bridal
- Suits: Joseph A Banks
When Angela and Lucas met, I was a freshman at IUPUI and Angela came to visit Indianapolis half to see me, but mostly to visit Lucas. I remember while we were walking to the middle of IUPUI's campus, we started to come up with ways that I could come get her if Lucas turned out to be a weirdo.
That obviously was not the case because when Angela got back she was the happiest I've ever seen her and we stayed up half the night talking about Lucas.
I am so happy you two met each other. Whenever I am with you two, there is always so much honest and true love, and the relationship that you two share with God is so beautiful and something I look up to. I hope you two have a lifetime full of love, music, awesome food, children, and laughter.
- Maggie Zinich, Maid of Honor
Us three brothers have a competitive nature instilled in us, which is something that us brothers are ever thankful for.
We received this from our parents, in particularly the mountain of a man who is our dad, who’s example we follow, and who’s shoes we will forever be trying to fill.
He taught us the value of hard work, discipline, and what true masculinity and fatherhood looks like. This is rooted in our belief that we were created by God for greatness and not mediocrity, now fully visible in life that Lucas and Angela share.
Proverbs 27:17 says“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” – this is characteristic of Lucas - that he lifts all of those around him to a higher calling.
This is matched in his beautiful bride, who stands toe to toe with him in virtue, and embodies grace, attentiveness, and humility only like I’ve ever seen in the matriarchs of my own family. I’m proud to finally have you as my first sister.
- Andres Nieto
This man has been one of my greatest role models as I have grown into adulthood finding the faith we were raised in and making it my own. It was through him that the faith and virtues that surrounded me growing up were animated and made tangible.
His witness refreshes an understanding of what it means to be humble, obedient, and embracing of Christ through his Church in a world that doesn’t know Him.
Together, you two renew the joy of embracing the spirit of servanthood. I hope that I can be half of the role model to Isaac and to others as this.
- Andres Nieto
These two have freely chosen out of love to die to themselves today, so that the Kingdom of God might increase. I have never seen more hope that the Church is alive and vibrant than I see in this man and woman.
It is apparent that your joy doesn’t come from this world, but from something beyond it. For this I think I speak on behalf of everyone here, thank you for your witness, it gives us all life.
Let’s raise our glasses to new bride and groom!...and go let your love change the world!
- Andres Nieto
Go, Cubs, Go!
Go, Cubs Go!
Hey Chicago, what do you say?
The Cubs are gonna win today