ASSOCIATE PHOTOGRAPHER PROGRAM
WE'RE GROWING OUR TEAM!
So, first things first.... do you LOVE weddings? Ok, great, that's the first step! Do you love photography? Excellent, this is a must for us. Photographs have the power to document history, to preserve a legacy and to truly change lives. In a society where cameras are literally in the palm of our hands nearly 24/7, what makes professional photography so special?
Skill. Precision. Dedication. Anticipation. Experience. Especially when it comes to "once in a lifetime moments" like weddings, it is vital to ensure the right people are in place with the right tools to capture it all! Because "once in a lifetime moments" do not get Do-Overs.
As Soul Creations Photography has grown, we are now looking to hire additional associate photographers to open up availability for already booked dates!
Many lesser experienced photographers have no idea what it really takes to run the BUSINESS side of a successful (and profitable) photography studio. This isn't just about picking up a camera, taking some photos and getting paid. There is so much more to it.... paying taxes, buying insurance, managing expenses and payroll, ensuring you have professional gear AND backup gear, continuing to invest in photography education and conferences, having a solid workflow, knowing how to edit images, backing up and storing digital files, marketing and networking to continue growing the business, and so much more. This is all a huge reason that many photographers never make it as "full-time" professionals who can actually make a living at their craft.
But there is also a place and time for photographers who have a passion for weddings, but do not care for the business side of things, to have an outlet for pursuing their craft.
That's where SC comes in!
If you're looking for a way to photograph weddings, serve couples, and not have to worry about the business side of things, read below and connect with us if this sounds like you or someone you know!
THE SC ASSOCIATE PHOTOGRAPHER PROGRAM
We are looking for 2-3 experienced associate photographers. Specifically, we are looking for LEAD PHOTOGRAPHERS, who may also act as second photographers to Sinikka. Ideally, these photographers have photographed at least 10 weddings, preferably as a lead photographer. Photographers with primarily second photographer experience may also be considered, depending on the quality of work.
NOTE: All associate photographers will photograph weddings under the SC brand, and be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- We take care of a majority of the business-side of the client relationship: lead management, client communications, questionnaires, billing, contracts, etc. Though you will have some contact with the couples outside of the engagement + wedding!
- We edit all images from the engagement and wedding day
- We pay you a flat rate based on package booked (Depending on Experience Level) to book the wedding date, photograph the wedding and deliver all images to us
- We will build off of your current photography knowledge and train you in our style over time
- We completely give on on-boarding training to ensure you're able to successfully execute a SC branded wedding experience!
- You live in the Midwest (preferably Indiana!)
- You LOVE engagements, weddings & people
- You're cool as a cucumber under stress
- You love to take photos, but you don't want to run the "business side" of things
- You have own set of professional cameras, as well as the staple lenses and flashes
- You have a high level of accountability, motivation, and a positive, outgoing attitude
- You have strong interpersonal, time, leadership, communication and mediating skills
- You are receptive to feedback and adaptability
- To be comfortable executing the entire SC Wedding Brand Experience training,
which includes praying at the beginning and end of an engagement session, and
praying with the groom and bride separately before the First Look
You would have to be willing to shoot weddings and engagements under the Soul Creations Photography brand, so please consider that when applying. Of course, experience and personality is huge, and would be given preference. We're looking to hire photographers who are very out-going, friendly and kind to represent the SC brand well. If that sounds like you or you know of someone, please fill out the form below.